Browning Sequoia Sappling

Hello! I have a sequoia sappling that has some browning happening (it started about a month and a half to two months ago). What do you suspect is causing this and is there anything I can do? Is my tree dying? I’ve only had my tree for about a year now and would appreciate any advice you have. Thank you!!

Los Angeles County California sequoia

Thank you for your sequioa question. Browning on the ends of branches usually has a relationship with too much or too little water. Without knowing much about the care and growing environment of your tree(s), I’m afraid the best I can do is to refer you to a rather general article on issues that produce this symptom: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/symptom-brown-tips-lower-branches-young-sequoia-tree-96776.html The easiest one to ‘cure’ is too little light. I can’t tell whether your pots are inside or out, or whether you’re using artificial light. If you increase light, and the browning persists or worsens, you can consider the other issues. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!