Horse pasture

I have 8 acres and the weeds especially burrs have taken over in all of it but I have about 3 or 4 acres that are treeless and flat! These sections are overrun with weeds and I have no farm equipment and was wondering if there is a program that would help get rid of weeds and help get the pasture more horse friendly! I am retired and on fixed income but would like to do more to help in rescue of horses but pasture is not nutritious enough to do this! Hoping there is a free or low cost program that could help to get a healthier pasture? Thank you Ken Caldwell

Graves County Kentucky agriculture pasture management graves county kentucky

Hello Ken,

Could you send me the best phone number to contact you at? I have some information for you but would still like to speak to you about it. I will be out of the office the remainder of today. You can reach me at SRAnderson@uky.edu or at 270-247-2334.

Thanks,

Sam