scott spreader settings

I need to put down 1 to 1.5 pounds of Nitigon per 1000 sf. What should be the setting on my Scott 2000 model spreader?

Fayette County Kentucky soil ph fayette county kentucky horticulture

All spreaders comes with a manual that will talk about how to calibrate it and how to set the spreading rate. If you do not have the manual anymore, you can more than likely find it online. Since every spreader is different, this is the safest way. The other option you have is to figure out how much fertilizer you need for a certain portion of the lawn, put only that amount in the spreader, set the spreader for a very low setting, and then make several passes over that portion of the lawn while trying to ensure that you get the entire called for amount spread out as evenly as possible. Since every lawn is different, I recommend you call us here at the Fayette County Extension Office at (859) 257-5582 for more help with this, and help with calculating how much fertilizer you need. Thanks!!