White stuff on Jade

I just noticed this white fuzzy stuff on the plant stem near the leaves. What is it? How do I get rid of it and stop it from spreading and happening again? Will it spread to the plants I have around it? I am only watering it once a month and just watered it on the first of the month. It does have drainage in the bottom of the pot. Thank you

Multnomah County Oregon indoor gardening succulents mealybugs

Thank you for uploading the image as it clearly displays mealybugs, common insect pests of indoor plants.

Yes, they can spread to your other indoor plants. (A hint to avoid problems indoors: Whenever you obtain a new plant, isolate it for at least a month even as you check periodically for unrecognized hitchhiking insects and or diseases.)

Mealybugs move very slowly. They normally develop a white, waxy coating which tends to repel certain pesticides. Even so, you can easily kill them with direct hits of alcohol, applied as a fine spray; repeat as needed.

Please be aware that jade plants are succulent plants. As such they are extremely sensitive to certain pesticides. Before you obtain any other product as a remedy for them, ask the retailer if the product is safe to use on succulent plants grown indoors.

How do I keep them from coming back? How long should I isolate the plant? Thank you

They will come back because it's easy to miss -- overlook -- the tiny new hatchlings. Repeat the fine spray every time you notice them.

Isolate new plants for at least 30 days. If at the end of that time, you suspect a potential problem, isolate for another 30 days.