Should I bring my hummingbird feeder in for the winter?

Should I bring my hummingbird feeder in for the winter? I live in Multnomah County and last winter I left my hummingbird feeder up all winter because the hummingbirds never left. If I leave it out, will the hummingbirds stay instead of migrating like they should? I certainly don't want to be responsible for keeping them here too late in the season if having a feeder out could cause that. Thank you

Multnomah County Oregon hummingbirds hummingbird feeders

No. Leaving the hummingbird feeder in place through the winter won’t change the birds' habit to migrate. It’s true that several kinds of hummers in the northwest do migrate but the Anna’s hummer is an exception. It remains year-round.

Please to continue supplying access to a clean feed. And continue to prepare the solution at one part sugar, 4 parts water. (No red coloring needed.) The sugar solution is a good supplement to the tiny insects (protein) the birds eat.

Attract Hummingbirds to Your Garden” is a good summary to providing for hummers in Oregon.

Enjoy your small friends in the garden.