grass growing in landscaping area

Sod was removed in a new landscaped area of our lawn this summer, fabric was laid down, along with rock but within a short time, grass began growing up in this area. I sprayed GrassBGone and it helped some but am wondering if I sprinkle Preen in the spring in this area whether it will fall between the rock and fabric to control new grass seedlings?

Brown County South Dakota

While there are several types of Preen on the market - so I don't know what you have in mind - its mostly a pre-emergence herbicide so this will only keep weed/grass seeds from germinating and not effect any turf grass that comes up through landscape fabric. You could continue to use GrassBGone this spring and hopefully that will take care of your problem. If it doesn't - Roundup with Glyposate kill the grass - but just beware if there are other plants in this landscaping your use of herbicide would effect them.