I wanted Pslmetto blue green. I received yellow grren grass

Asked November 9, 2017, 10:23 AM EST

I specifically asked for uncut Palmetto (blue green) and the sod place sent yellow green grass cut so I couldnt know the length that would suggest palmetto. Can I send the geass in and you tell me if its palmetto or what type of geass it is. I needed palmetto because i have shaded areas. First photo palmetto blue green Second photo questionable green only

Marion County Florida

You can cut a 6" by 6" piece of the sod, wrap it in foil, then in a plastic bag, and ship it to the UF-IFAS Plant Diagnostic Center. We can then pass the sample to Dr. Kevin Kenworthy, who will grow it out and try to determine if the sod is 'Palmetto'. You can also hand-deliver it if you like. The website for the lab is here: http://plantpath.ifas.ufl.edu/extension/plant-diagnostic-center/ This site includes a map to the lab, a sample submission form, instructions, etc. You can also call us at the lab to discuss this: 352-392-1795.