Great Wilderness Places under the Stars

Asked November 9, 2017, 9:51 AM EST

Good Morning, I am an Iowa State student and have simply noticed some expertise on the outdoors. Seeing that you have taken people places to enjoy mountains or forests or lakes or simply amazing wilderness places under the stars, you probably know a few. My question is that I am looking for places in Iowa, maybe a little outside as well, just not more than the state next to us that is an amazing wilderness experience with mountains, rivers, forests, stars, lakes, etc but not a camping ground, or at least not any people around and commercialized. Somewhere where I can take off and just live in nature for a week living off my pack, skills, and experience. Seeing you have taken people places, where might some places like that be without going outside a radius of a state next to us? I'm actually looking to go out by myself, lone wolf style or with one or two other people, so the group trips that iowa state offers are generous but not my style, but thank you none-the-less.

Story County Iowa

Thank you for your knowledge! I haven't looked at quite all of them yet, but some of them are looking pretty cool, besides I've got a good start now and different ideas and resources now. If I have any other questions, I'll let you know. Hopefully in time, I'll have been to many of these places and know through experience, what they're like. Thanks again.