Asked November 8, 2017, 11:52 AM EST

What can you do with horses you can no longer take care of

Story County Iowa

1 Response

There are several options depending on the age of the animals and their demeanor. You could contact the Story County Extension and Outreach office at (515) 382-6551. They might know of a 4-H member that is interested in a horse project. The Iowa State University Veterinary lab might also be a place to contact.

The other option may be to sell them at an auction.