Right ot hunt and landowners release of liability form

Asked November 6, 2017, 8:28 AM EST

I am interested in letting someone deer hunt on my property. Where can I find or get the necessary form for them to sign? Thanks John

Charles County Maryland

1 Response

Thank you for contacting eXtension. We have lots of information for you, but the quick answer is click here:


for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) permission to hunt

DNR (https://go.umd.edu/xhq) is the agency that regulates hunting in the state, but there is a Cooperative Extension publication available online that provides information for landowners who wish to make their property available for recreational use. You can find that here: https://go.umd.edu/xhc

Additionally, you are encouraged to contact your Extension office if you have further questions:

Charles County
9375 Chesapeake Street
Suite 119
La Plata, MD 20646

Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Phone: (301) 934-5403 or (301) 753-8195
Email: esolismc@umd.edu