Wiggly worm infestation

Early one morning numerous small wiggly worms appeared on my glass patio table. The outdoor ceiling fan above the table has clusters of white tiny round eggs. The home is in a newly establishe community, so I'm assuming the worms and egg clusters are related and are perhaps surfacing from what might have infested the area prior to the home construction. The worms were sprayed with Raid and cleaned off with boilinb hot water. Please advise on what this is and how to eliminate and prevent reoccurrence.

Tarrant County Texas

These appear to be some sort of caterpillar, most likely a type of immature moth. Your observation of egg masses on the ceiling fan provides a good explanation of why they are there--having hatched and dropped via a silken strand on to the table below, possibly minutes before you photographed them.

Moths can and do lay eggs outdoors wherever they feel like it, and there's not a lot we can do about it. This is nothing to be concerned over, as the caterpillars will die quickly without food. Since it has taken me this long to respond to your inquiry, I would guess you've probably seen the last of them for awhile. BTW, caterpillars like this are the major food source for song birds, especially during nesting season. Without some caterpillars on trees in your backyard, you won't have birds.