Wood furniture insect.

Asked November 5, 2017, 4:37 PM EST

Hi, I just bought a piece of wood furniture from an antique barn and I discovered that a lot of these tiny insects in its drawers. They are only 1-2mm and although they look like they have wings they don't appear to fly or jump. Any idea what they may be? Thanks

Montgomery County Maryland

1 Response

The insects look like psocids, a type of booklice. Some have wings and some do not. Vacuum them up. They are not wood destroyers. They feed on mold.
See our link for more information