Medillina indoor plant has a spot

Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me diagnose and treat this problem. My medillina plant has a weird silvery spot on it that is dry and crusty. Does anyone know what this might be and how to help it?

Ramsey County Minnesota houseplants diagnosis of plant problems medillina

Thank you for the question. Medillina is native to the Philippines where it is warm, humid, and bright so it's a challenge to try to keep it happy in typical Minnesota homes during cold weather. If the rest of the plant looks good, including undersides of leaves, and stems, the silvery area you see is probably the result of over/under watering, conditions too hot/cold, or too much/too little light. These are the main causes of houseplant troubles once disease and insects are ruled out.
I don't know what variety medillina you have, but the care instructions are similar. Read about it here:

Thank you for contacting Extension.