What is this plant?

We moved into a new house and these are in the front yard. It looks like something I should get rid of, but I don’t know what it is.

Clackamas County Oregon plant identification

Thank you for your plant identification question. I believe that your plant is a New Mexican locust (Robinia neomexicana), which is not native to this region, but has been introduced to Oregon landscapes. Here is a link to a USDA article about this plant. You'll be able to verify its identity in the spring, when the (quite spectacular) blooms arrive. Before you take it out, know that it is not only planted for this flower, but can be used as a hedge, of sorts, due to the thorns on its stems that discourage trespassing! Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Thanks!

You're welcome. (Note that I corrected spelling of plant's Latin name to Robinia Neomexicana, in case you want to plant more!)