Mock Orange shrub

I bought a mock orange shrub last spring but have never had one before so I am unfamiliar with their progression through the seasons. Is this how they are supposed to look this time of year? When I went out to take the photo, I did notice a couple spots on the branches that had a tiny bit of green growth (even tho it's mid-October) so, hopefully, it's not dead. Is there anything I should be doing to it?

Thanks

Howard County Maryland shrubs plant care abiotic issues sweet mockorange

We viewed your photo. This shrub is not particular as to soil and grows best in full sun to light shade in a moist well drained soil. We suspect that the shrub did not receive enough moisture and dropped its leaves. Scratch the branches with your fingernail and look for green tissue. If you see it, the shrub is still viable. Keep it watered up until the ground freezes.

Your shrub should be fine. Monitor for new growth next spring, prune dead wood, and keep well watered during dry periods. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and keep away from the base of the stems.