Light requiriment

I was wondering if you have a chart for light requiriment for vegetables,because wife and I are wanting to grow vegetables in our greenhouse this winter

Fillmore County Minnesota vegetables greenhouse gardening

Thank you for the question. I can't find a chart that lists the quantity of light needed for growing different vegetables but in general, most vegetables require full sun during the summer to produce well but there are cool season crops like tender greens and salad mixes or kale that can do well with less intense light and cooler temperatures. Most hobby greenhouses in the winter do not come close to providing the level of light or warmth we receive during the summer so you may have luck with these cool season crops depending on the type of greenhouse you have and supplemental heat you provide.

These publications on deep winter greenhouses along with suggested books for further study might be useful to you: http://www.extension.umn.edu/rsdp/statewide/deep-winter-greenhouse/

Thank you for contacting Extension.