Grass hay and meat bees

I just had a load of Grass hay delivered from the Klamath Falls area. (I live in california). I believe this the first load I've seen in a long time that attracts the Meat Bees. I'm curious of why that is? The hay in the barn is fine.They don't try and nest in it, they are just all over it when I feed it out. could there have been a type of spray they used before baling? I also see quite a bit of dried worms looking things. I did take a picture. Great hay otherwise!

Klamath County Oregon pastures and forages

First time I have ever been asked about meat bees??? the worms look like dried up Alfalfa caterpillar perhaps or cutworms or army worms? Would you want to capture some of each and send them into an entomology lab for ID like the Plant Clinic at OSU in Corvallis or to UC Davis to their lab. I am curious too now. My contact information is below.

Mylen Bohle
Area Extension Agronomist
Central Oregon
Prineville
Ph: 541-447-6228