Plant identification

I have a plant that makes up around half of the ground cover or "grass" in my yard. I love the way it makes the lawn look and I would like to make sure I am taking proper care of it but I have no idea what it is. I have a attached a couple pictures in hopes of having it identified so that I can continue research on it.

Fayette County Kentucky fayette county kentucky horticulture ground cover

To accurately identify the plant, I ask that you bring a sample of it in to our office. I am torn between a couple of different possibilities. However, I will say that it does look to be in the legume family. When we find a weed in the legume family in our lawns it is usually an indication of low fertility and dry soil. We would normally tell someone to water the lawn and apply an application of nitrogen to help eliminate some of those weeds. But since you are wanting to keep these particular plants, I would say do not fertilize and do not water. The remaining grass will decline from this, but that seems to be your desire here. As i mentioned before, if you could bring in a decent sized sample of the plant, we can fully identify it. We are located at 1140 Harry Sykes Way (formerly Red Mile Place), and open Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. You can call (859) 257-5582 for any further questions. Thanks!