Injured Monarch Butterfly

A Monarch butterfly emerged with a torn wing and cannot fly. She ate some honey water Saturday, but I haven't seen her eat since. The internet said we could glue the wing or cut both wings to match, but we were reluctant to do that as we did not want to inflict further injury. Do you know of anyone who could help us with this. I called my vet and spoke to a local wildlife place but they could not help me except to advise looking at you tube videos if we wanted to try and repair the wing ourselves. Do you have anyone at the the University who would be able to help me--I thought maybe a entomology expert may be willing to help this creature--we wanted to give her a chance if possible.

Harford County Maryland beneficial monarch butterflies torn wing

This is unfortunate and sad. We recommend that you let nature take its course as we do not have a fix.
As a last resort you may want to contact Oregon Ridge Nature Center http://www.oregonridgenaturecenter.org/