Fuzzy Caterpillars

I have found 2 large, fuzzy caterpillars on he ground in my yard. They are black with orange stripes, about 2" long and 1/2 " diameter .I have researched online but find none similar. Sorry, do not have picture Just want to know if invasive, dangerous problem or not.

Polk County Oregon

Thanks for your question about your caterpillars. Without a photo, it's nearly impossible to identify with certainty, but I've attached a photo of a caterpillar which fits your description, which will eventually become the Cinnabar moth. As you can read from the article in this OSU link, it is a valuable element in trying to control the tansy ragwort. If this is the larva (caterpillar) you have, it is not invasive nor dangerous.

If you don't think this is the same caterpillar you have on your property, you'll need to take a picture and send back with a response. Thanks!