bacterial leaf scorch

thank you....you replied to my question about my red oaks and you stated they have this bacteria ase that is passed on by the bugs that get on the leaves . my several question now are --please answer all 3 questions. thanks. 1. since my 2 red oaks now have totally brown leaves, and very few limbs, are they dead? 2.should i have them cut down[ fyi-they are close to the house if they fall] ? 3. should i have the tree wood removed or can i leave it on the ground for future firewood use ? [ would removing the logs reduce the possibility of the future infections, i have lost several trees in just the last year ] 4. based on the video you sent me, it seems there is not a good way to prevent the spread to more of my trees ?

Howard County Maryland red oak bacterial leaf scorch tree

Based on your photos the trees do not look dead. Bacterial leaf scorch is a slow moving disease which can take about 5-10 years for decline.
You do not have to remove the trees until they are dead. If you have concerns about the health of the trees and being a hazard, contact several certified arborists for the best way to proceed.
http://www.treesaregood.org/

If you decide to have the trees removed, it is okay to leave the wood. There is not a good way to prevent the spread.