where to obtain apple grafting device

I have heard of a way to graft apple scions to root stock using a Lucite block template. Have you heard of this and where might I obtain one, or plans to make one?

Washington County Oregon grafting grafting fruit trees

Thank you for your grafting question. I have researched for over an hour, and am unable to find any resource--academic or not--that has anything on this topic. Although this has nothing about a template, this is the only clear, complete Pacific Northwest Extension article I can find on your topic, and I am not sure how a template would be of any assistance. Perhaps you should inquire of whomever informed you of the device to obtain better information. Sorry.

This article is interesting since my dad used to do layering back in the 1950s and 60s. I will try to contact the person who told me about this who is with the Home Orchard Society.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Thank you, Jeff. Once you find it, could you post it here so I can share it? Love having info!