Mushrooms in Lawn

I have quite a few mushrooms in my lawn. The began near a drainage ditch, but have spread. I have tried dealing with them by carefully pulling them when they appear, mowing the grass in the area quite short and spreading a light amount of high nitrogen fertilizer in the area. That seems to work temporarily but they eventually reappear in the area or just around the fringe of the area I have treated. My lawn seems to be the only one in the neighborhood that has them. Do you have any suggestions for getting rid of them?

Davidson County North Carolina lawns and turf mushrooms horticulture

Hi,
If the mushrooms are growing near the drainage ditch, I would suspect that area stays moist and therefore the ideal environment for mushrooms. There is not much that can be done for mushroom control apart from physically removing them. For additional information on mushrooms in the lawn, see the link to a NC Extension publication below.
https://wayne.ces.ncsu.edu/2012/11/if-mushrooms-on-lawn-annoy-you-dont-fret-theyll-leave-soon/