Moth problem

I live in the plainview area and have had moth problems for the past year. I have them trapped on sticky tape and was wondering if I could bring them in to see how to get rid of them. They are small light brown moths approximately 1 inch long and are throughout my house; in the kitchen, bathrooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms.

Jefferson County Kentucky pest control

The moth description above sounds like either a pantry or fabric moth. Informatiopn on ID and control of these household moths can be found at this link: http://www2.ca.uky.edu/hes/internal/guides/Pests/pantryandfabricpests.pdf

We can identify the pest if it is brought intact in a jar with alcohol. If the sample is on tape it may or may not be in good enough physical shape to correctly identify. You are welcome to bring the insect in to our office, at the address below. If we cannot ID it here, I can send it on to the lab at no cost to you.

Feel free to contact our office if you have other questions.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Carol Wilder
Horticulture Technician
Jefferson County Cooperative Extension Service
Email: carol.wilder@uky.edu

502-569-2344
200 Juneau Drive

Louisville KY 40243