Invasive Species Seed Disposal

I have grown woad, a biennial dye plant, for a couple of years. The second year our 25 plants bloomed, and instead of dyeing with the leaves, we let the plants go to seed, to the tune of oh, tens of thousands of them. Some reseeded nicely the next year, but I wrapped the bulk of them up in bags and sheets and stored them in my garage, where they've been for the last year plus. Being finished with the woad experiment, I want to get rid of them, and I'd like to know how to do that without spreading this invasive plant all over creation. If I put them in with the yard waste, will they be composted, perhaps not fully, and be spread on some unsuspecting soul's yard, there to multiply with abandon? Or will that not be a problem? My other option is putting them in the trash. Please advise.

Montgomery County Maryland seeds seed disposal

The best thing to do would be to put the seeds in a trash bag and put them into your regular trash. You are correct that you shouldn't put them out with the yard waste, as they might not get fully composted enough to kill the seeds.

ckc