Frog in window well

About two weeks ago I discovered a frog in my window well - his croaking alerted me to his presence. He's still there, sometimes hiding under dead and decaying leaves and sometimes sitting out in the open. He's green and brown, 2-1/2 to 3 inches long, but not fat like a bullfrog. The window well is 30 inches deep. Should I remove him? Can he get out on his own? Should I just leave him there? Thanks for the help.

Harford County Maryland wildlife

We would be interested to see a photo of the frog, if you could send us one. Regardless of the type of frog it is though, you could lay a board or stick in the window well and that will give it a ramp to use if it wants to climb out. If it's finding enough food in the well it should be fine. If you are concerned about it and want to help it out, that would be fine too. Providing a ramp will give it the option to move out on its own it if needs to relocate.

ckc