How soon can I plant pasture after a round application

I have 9 acres of mostly weeds and I want to plant pasture (Sho-Horse). I found a guy to wind row and bale my weeds and haul them off. According to my research glyphosate CAN be applied to stems after mowing if it is done right away. I want to move quickly so I have as much time as possible to start pasture growth. You get a lot of opinions about how this can be done. Some say you have to wait for growth befoire putting roundup down but I'm going with the stem spray idea. Now I am getting different opinions about how soon I can drill plant the pasture seed after I spray the roundup. Apparently Scotts says that you can plant flowers in a day, but regular grass after three days. I had one guy tell me I can plant pasture a day later--others say I have to wait a week. Anyone have an educated opinion on this?

Madison County Nebraska

The interval between application and planting should be listed on the label of the glyphosate product you are planning to use. The label is the law and directions on the label need to be followed.

If you have more questions about this, feel free to respond or contact the Nebraska Extension in Madison County Office at 402-370-4040 and ask for Wayne.