planting mums

Hello, Thank you for taking your time to submit your question to the OSUEMGV Ask an Expert group I have hardy fall mums and want to plant the outside but can't put them where... I have hardy fall mums and want to plant the outside but can't put them where I want them until spring. Can I plant them in a partially shaded area for the winter? Would they get settled enough to make it through the winter? Also, I planted mums last fall and they came up beautifully. They are very large and well rounded, as I did pinch back, but only once in the spring. The problem is, is that they are full of buds but aren't blooming. What's wrong? Thank you.

Iowa County Iowa

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.