Tree Trimming

My Husband is a grad student in the DPT program at UofM, we are a low income family with 2 kids. We have MASSIVE trees that "shed" branches each year. Many branches are actually the size of trees!! Last year we had 1 fall on and destroy a portion of our home ( now fixed!) . We have had estimates to "trim/ prune" the trees. at nearly $6K for 3 trees just to trim. I am wondering (hoping an praying) Do you ever need property to "train" students on? I would happily volunteer my trees/ property! OR Do you have a recommendation for a reasonable tree care company? This has become a safety concern. I adore my trees, but they NEED to be taken care of and properly maintained. I appreciate any advice or recommendations! Thank-you Sara Capers 612-232-9167

Hennepin County Minnesota

Hmm, that seems like a lot to trim 3 trees. We are not able to give recommendations for specific vendors, but I suggest that you do a web search for tree companies in your area (Minneapolis, too, if you don't live in the city). Get several companies to give you an estimate, broken down by tree, to see what you can afford.

Here is information about hiring certified arborists. In the information is a link to a list of folks/companies that you might be able to use: https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/how-to-hire-a-professional-arborist/