Invasive Grass

Hello I have a good stand of tall fescue grass. For past few years I have been getting some type of invasive grass or weeds that keeps growing. In fall/winter it seems to die but comes back in spring and continues spreading. It is not crab grass. I have used round up to kill the largest patches and replanted with grass. I am seeking a better remedy, such as a spray to treat the patches as they develop. I have attached several pictures to aid in you identification. I can also mail a sample if that would be needed.

Carroll County Maryland nimblewill lawn weed

We viewed your photos. The weed looks like nimblewill, a perennial warm season grass. Take a look at our website for photos and control options. http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/nimblewill

Hello

Thank you very much for your response and link to additional information. I ordered the mesotrione (Tenacity) spray. Is it too late to spray the nimbleweed this season. I can apply it by first of next week.
Thanks again.
Paul

It's not to late. You can apply the Tenacity next week. Be sure to read and follow the label instructions and apply it accordingly.

ckc