Weed Test for Lawn

Hello, I am trying to improve the quality of my home lawn in Montgomery, AL. We have many bare spots and weeds. Is there a local office in the Montgomery area where I can bring soil samples and weed samples for my lawn? I found the soil sample form online. Do I need a separate form for a weed test for my lawn? Thanks, Robby

Montgomery County Alabama

Thanks for your response. The Montgomery County Extension Office is located at 5340 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL. We have the soil sample boxes and forms as well as plant ID forms to fill out. The soil form and weed form are two separate forms. I'm unable to attach the plant form, but if you email me at bixlekr@aces.edu, then I can email you one or you can pick one up at our office. . Once the soil box is filled you can leave it with us and we can take it to Auburn when someone goes that way or mail it directly to Auburn University yourself. Plant/weed samples will have to be delivered to AU. Our office phone # is 334-270-4133. Let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.