What type of worms are these?

I. Seeing these type of worms outside of my house going into the crack of my apartment complex. They were going in the circle and then advancing into a small crack I need to know what they are are they parasites or worms?

Baltimore County Maryland wildlife fungus gnat larvae fungus gnats larvae in slimey trail mass of worms parade of worms moving mass of worms worms in migraton fungus gnat larvae migration migration of worms

This is a fungus gnat larvae migration. They are not parasites or worms.

Fungus gnats lay their eggs in moist soil, and their eggs hatch into larvae that eat fungi in the soil. They are not a problem. The ones in your photo will either die or enter the soil under the concrete. No treatment is necessary.

Occasionally in some years, we'll have the exact weather conditions that favor their growth. Then may be sightings of a fungus gnat larvae migration. It's an interesting phenomena, that's all. No cause for alarm. You can see plenty of photos in a search online.

Here is more about fungus gnats from our website: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/fungus-gnats

This is a great photo! We've never seen them migrate in a circle. If you have close-up photos, we'd love to see them.