Asiatic Lilies

Do I cut the seed pods off - lilies and since I want to move and replant in another area of yard when do I move - now? Do I cut all the foliage off the plant and just move the bulb or leave some on. Will bulbs be bothered by animals.

Ramsey County Minnesota lilies horticulture

Thank you for your question.

Please follow this link for info on lilies - https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/flowers/selecting-lilies-for-your-garden/

If you don't need the seeds, go ahead and remove the seed pods.

You can move the bulbs now. I would leave some of the (green) foliage.

Hard to say if the bulbs will be bothered by wildlife. I have never had this problem but it will depend on the critters that you have around your garden.

Hope this helps.

Yes, answer was helpful and I plan to be moving lilies this weekend.

Only thing I still wondered is can I open the seed pod or plant the whole pod and get more plants.

If you are planning on starting lilies from seed, out of the two stated options I would suggest to go with the individual seeds inside the pods, rather than "planting" the whole pods.