CYPRUS TREE ROOTS

I HAVE A CYPRESS TREE NEAR MY SEPTIC LINES. THE ROOTS ARE NOW GROWING TOWARDS THE LINES AND MAY ALREADY BE IN THEM. I HAVE CUT SOME OF THE EXPOSED ROOTS AND AM THINKING ABOUT DIGGING A TRENCH ABOUT 2 FEET DEEP TO CUT ALL THE ROOTS AND THEN USE A SUBSOILER EVERY YEAR TO KEEP THEM AT BAY. DO YOU THINK THIS IDEA WILL WORK? I WOULD HATE TO CUT DOWN THIS BEAUTIFUL TREE. THANKS, TOM SCHUTTE

Campbell County Kentucky campbell county kentucky horticulture cypress trees

Trees are not recommended near leach lines. You are taking a risk leaving the tree even if you implement the strategies in mind. You may want to have the leach lines inspected if you think the roots are already in them. The lines may have to be replaced.
I'm not sure of the particular situation but from what you've provided, I think your taking a risk in damaging your system by leaving the tree.
I'm happy to discuss more or visit the site.
Feel free to contact me at the office 859-572-2600 or mobile 859-992-1768 or email: djscully@uky.edu