Mold and Health

Asked August 17, 2017, 1:05 AM EDT

Some years ago my wife was in contact with someone who use to be at the Columbia County Extension office and then relocated to the OSU University campus that knew the ins and outs about mold and how it effects a person's health. I currently have a friend in Bearverton that this seems to be a problem that he is dealing with and I told him I would try to help him make contacts with someone he could talk with. Can you or do you have anyone that can help with this problem? Thank you for your help and response.

Columbia County Oregon

1 Response


I don't know if that individual is still with OSU, but I currently handle the mold and mildew related questions here at Oregon State. At Extension, we can give advice on mold remediation, mold removal, etc. but if the concerns are health-related, I would advise your friend to talk with his doctor. For questions about mold, and how to reduce/prevent exposure to it, your friend is welcome to use this service, or to send me an email or give me a call.


P: 541-737-4374