tiny kitchen ants (pharoah ants?)

On August 4 this year I got a response from "ECn" at the University of Maryland Extension Home and Garden Info Center about my ant problem. In the helpful response, the person said I could sent a photo of the pest for an resident entomologist to identify for me. So here's a pic of one of the little devils.
My original question was #419087.
Thanks for your wonderful service.

Washington County Maryland identification ant insect possible acrobat ant

This does not look like a pharoah ant. This looks like an acrobat ant. They can live in soft areas that have been rotted. They like to kick out debris.
Check for routes of entry and improve the caulking and weatherstripping around windows, doors, and utilities to prevent entry (do not discount blocking off points of entry - caulking).
Ants are attracted to different baits at various times of their lifecycle. Sometimes they are attracted to sugars and sometimes proteins. You can try an ant bait with the active ingredient boric acid and a sweetener.
Another type is a gel bait. There may be several manufacturers and may come in a syringe type tube. You can place pea sized baits of gel in areas of ant activity or along points of entry.
Do not clean up around the baits as ants have trails that they follow to and from the nest. Watch the ants as they come and go and may help determine if coming from inside or outside. It is not always possible to determine the exact location of a nest especially if they are between floors, behind baseboards, etc. For more information on ants see our publication http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG7_Ants.pdf