Soft Blueberries

My question is I have growing blueberries for a lot of years and lately at the end of the season or before the end of the season my berry start to turn soft a lot of them aren't even ready yet but they all seem to start turning soft do you know why or what is causing this.

Fulton County New York blueberries blueberry insects swd spotted wing drosophila

Yes. There is a new fruit and berry pest in the United States called the Spotted wing drosophila (SWD). This is a small vinegar fly which is native to Asia and has become a worldwide pest in the last decade. The fly can lay its eggs in lots of different berries with thin skins and is a major fruit pest in cherries, blueberries and raspberries. The only effective control is frequent insecticide application to kill the fly before it lays its eggs. Here is a link to more information with some suggested controls. http://www.ipm.msu.edu/invasive_species/spotted_wing_drosophila.