Blueberry Stem Gall Wasp

I am experiencing a huge problem with Gal Wasp. average over 100 kidney shaped growth. does this impact nutrition or future production of my high bush plants. about 5 acres of them. I do not use any form of insecticide, pesticide etc. what are my options

Muskegon County Michigan blueberry production blueberry insects

Gall wasp is very bad in some cultivars, and has been on the rise. I expect there is some yield reduction from the new shoots that dont get to set full numbers of buds. MSU has been doing some research on gall wasp and we do have some ideas for how to control this pest. Pruning them out and switching cultivars would be the best non-chemical approaches. Our insecticide options ideas are reflected in the article written this spring:
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/gall_wasp_management_guidelines_in_blueberries_for_2017

We are also on the lookout for research sites, so if you are interested in having MSU entomologists visit the site this fall, please email me at isaacsr@msu.edu

Thanks,