Adding an inch or two of compost to raised beds

Hello, I was advised that I should add an inch or two of compost to my raised beds each year. I do notice that in the early spring, all the dirt is almost to the top of the beds and by fall, the dirt level falls down a couple inches. My question is - if every year, I add an inch or two of compost, would that mean that by year 5, the top layers of my raised bed are 5-10 inches deep of compost only? Is this not good for the raised bed makeup? Should I add other dirt besides the compost?

Howard County Maryland soil compost raised beds organic soil mineral soil vegetable raised beds

Much of the organic matter breaks down and is used by the plants. This approach is fine.

We hope that you work the compost into the soil each year, vs. placing the compost on top of the soil. Worms, ants and other soil organisms will work to mix the soil somewhat, but not much.