Applying for grants to eradicate Scotch Broom in the Zigzag National Forest

Asked July 31, 2017, 11:54 PM EDT

Can I have someone help me determine the right path I should take to apply and qualify for grants to combat certain noxious weeds in the Zigzag National Forest near Mt Hood?

Clackamas County Oregon

1 Response

With regard to controlling scotch broom and other noxious weeds in the Mt. Hood National Forest area, a good first step is to check with the Cooperative Weed Management Area that includes Clackamas County. A good contact person is Sam Leininger, WeedWise Program Manager, Clackamas Soil & Water Conservation District. (503) 210-6006

If the noxious weeds are growing on National Forest land near Zigzag, I would also advise you to contact the Zigzag Ranger Station (503) 622-3191 or the Mt. Hood National Forest office in Sandy 503.668.1700 to find out about their weed control plans.