Deer Stone saved my Grandfathers life.

Why is this so hard to believe? My Grandfather was bitten by a rattle snake when my Mother was a young women. He went out to the wood pile to get wood for their cook stove. While there he was bitten by a rattle snake on the arm. My Grandmother had a "Deer Stone" her Mother had given her. Her Mother was married to "Old Bill Williams", a famous Mountain Man. My Grandmother applied the stone to the bitten area, then bound it with a cloth. The next morning, my Grandmother removed the bandage and stone. Then placing the stone in a basin of water, my Mother said the stone released a "Green Foam". My Grandfater was quite ill of course, but he servived. My Great grandmother was of the Ute tribe. I wish I had that same stone.

Yuma County Arizona

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.