I have a 2 year old wine vinyard in Leelanau County, Michigan... My question...

I have a 2 year old wine vinyard in Leelanau County, Michigan... My question relates to a 3 acre/newly hydro seeded lawn from the fall of 2016 of which the vineyard boarders the out side edge of this open space.. The clover is out of control and i do not think it to be wise to use a 2-4-D base product What might be your idea besides mechanical eradication?

Leelanau County Michigan lawns and turf viticulture

If I understand your question you are asking about weed control in the lawn and you are concerned about drift damaging the vineyard. You are right that 2,4-D would be a bad idea. Grapes are very sensitive to even the vapors from 2,4-D. 2,4-D is not very effective against clover either. clovers do well in low maintenance lawns because they fix their own nitrogen making their own fertilizer. You need to water the lawn and fertilize it so the grass can out compete the clover. Here is a link to an MSU Extension article on controlling clover in lawns which suggests some herbicide choices.
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/white_clover_exploding_in_lawns
Herbicides registered on lawns should not be used in the vineyard.