Canning raspberries & tomatoes together

I have a canning recipe for Chipotle sauce that I like, but would like to flavor it now with raspberries. Original quantities are: 8 lbs. plum tomatoes, 2 c brown sugar, 1 1/2 c cider vinegar, 1/2 c minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 2 t salt. Food processor the tomatoes, add rest of ingreditients, simmer 20-25 minutes. 1/2 pt. jars & use water bath 15 minutes. Because of the tomatoes, I didn't want to experiment! There are a lot of raspberry chipotle sauces out there (using a lot of raspberries, which can be expensive) but the primary ingredient is the raspberries, not the tomatoes. I'd like to add enough berries for a good flavor. Suggestions? Thank you!

Yamhill County Oregon food safety home food preservation

Thank you for your question. I have not been able to find a tested recipe for Home Canned Chipotle Salsa. What is the source of your recipe?

Salsa is a riskier food when canned because it includes vegetables, which are low-acid. Thus, it's important to follow a tested recipe to ensure that there is enough acid in the recipe to keep it safe for canning. Altering the ingredients or proportions could affect the pH and safety of the product. There are several recipes in our "Salsa Recipes for Canning" publication. I wonder if the Spicy Cranberry Salsa might be close to what you're looking for -- especially if you use canned green chiles.

http://extension.oregonstate.edu/fch/sites/default/files/documents/pnw_395_salsarecipesforcanning.pd...

It is safe to freeze a Chipotle Salsa with raspberries.

Tonya