What is this on my tomato plants?

I can't identify what type of bug or bug juvenile on my grape tomatoes see attached pictures there are holes in the leaves but I'm not sure if it's this or something else

Baltimore County Maryland tortoise beetle insect indentification insect eggplant tortoise beetle larva tomato plant insect identification

This is a very cool larva of the Eggplant tortoise beetle. You can look at photos online. The adult beetle does not have the spines on the side. It is carrying excrement or frass on its back as a disguise.

There is also another tortoise beetle whose larvae is green and eats solanaceous plant, such as tomato, but it matures into a black and clear-paned tortoise beetle. You can see it online too. It does not have a common name, just a scientific name.

We can't say for sure which species of tortoise beetle you have until they mature. Neither is significant enough to control.