Is it too late to plant black-eyed susans?

I was just given a packet of black-eyed susan seeds. I also have a bit pile of dirt where a tree stump used to be. I was thinking of planting the seeds there. Is it too late in the season (July 23) to do so? Should I hold on to the seeds until next year?

Ramsey County Minnesota

All of my sources recommend that you plant this seed in early spring six to eight weeks before the last frost. It may be too late in the season to chill the seed, plant these seeds outside, and expect them to be mature enough to survive the winter. These seeds germinate most readily after a period of moist chilling. You could sprinkle the seed on top of the soil (they need light to germinate) in very late fall just before the soil freezes. They should germinate next spring when the soil is warm enough. http://homeguides.sfgate.com/germinate-blackeyed-susan-seeds-43284.html Store the seed in the refrigerator if you do not plant them this fall.