Freeze damage on peach tree

What does peach tree freeze damage look like? What are the symptoms? How can it be prevented? I have trees that have no leaves on the lower branches. They only have tuffs of nice green leaves on the tops of the trees. There are no leaves in the smaller inner branches or on any branches lower than the tops of the trees. Plus I only have about one or two peaches on each tree. My trees are about 4 or 5 years old and had been very healthy.

Multnomah County Oregon peaches

Thanks for your question about freeze damage on peach trees. Unfortunately, there is not one "freeze damage" photo, because the damage depends on the stage of the leaves and flowers when the freeze hits. Since any freeze would have happened months ago, it's unlikely we could say definitively that it was a freeze, and peach trees can be the targets of other pathogens and insects as well. (Here's a link to an OSU publication that details them and what can be done to prevent/cure them. Peaches are on page 5.)

Could you send some photos of your trees, both the entire tree as well as the branches, both with and without leaves? Perhaps we can add more information that would be helpful. Thank you.