I have been seeing these bugs under our patio pavers (plywood pavers over...

I have been seeing these bugs under our patio pavers (plywood pavers over stone pavers) and now in our garage. Have been here 10 years and not seen this variety until this year. Can you tell me what it is and if it is destructive to buildings, plants or other? If necessary what is the best treatment to get rid of them. Many thanks!

Sandusky County Ohio

This appears to be a click beetle, but I also see a small mandible in front of its head, which could mean some variation of a Stag beetle, which are primarily tree sap feeders.
Click beetle adults are nocturnal leaf-eaters. The larvae, called wireworms, are destructive to a large variety of plants,because of underground feeding on roots.
For any beetle, the best insecticides to use would be products labelled for home barriers, with active ingredient of bifenthrin. some product names would be Talstar and Ortho Home defense.