bush bean leaves turning yellow then dying

My bush bean leaves are turning yellow then brown and dying. They are getting watered for 10 minutes twice a day - 7am and 7pm. A few of the plants also have holes in the leaves where something might have eaten them. They are in boxes 10 inches deep off the ground and have a south exposure with plenty of sun. What can I do about this?

Deschutes County Oregon bush beans

Thank you for your bush bean question. It would be helpful if you can send photos of the plants--both the healthy and the 'sick' parts. You are watering too often and too much. You should water thoroughly every 2 to 3 days. I suspect that you're washing all of the nutrients (plant food) out of the soil, and your plants are starving.

Insects will eat whatever food is available. So, something is probably eating them. Again, without pictures, I can't tell you what type of insect(s) you have, or what action to take. I'm awaiting more information!