Advice for young Ash Tree. Save, Remove or Donate?

I hope you can give me some advice for an Ash Tree on my property. I recently transplanted a juvenile tree which at the time I did not know was an Ash. The location where I planted it has turned out to be a poor one. I need to move it because it will soon grow into trees above it. I know that the Emerald Ash Borer is a threat. Should I attempt to keep the tree on my lawn, or do I risk it dying and needing to remove it later? Are there any organizations that collect healthy Ash trees for protection? It is currently about 12 feet high and only about 2 inches in diameter so is still readily moveable.

Montgomery County Maryland ash trees removal trees

There are no organizations that will take the ash tree.
If the tree is in good health, consider protection. There are homeowner options but as the tree gets larger you will need to have it treated by a professional and there are no guarantees. When the tree declines they become hazardous and ash trees become brittle when they die. In some instances cranes may be needed for removal.
Begin by looking at our emerald ash borer page for more information http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/invasives/emerald-ash-borer

Since the tree is young it may be easiest to remove and select another native tree species. Consider mature height and width for the site.