Can you ID this shrub?

Hello, I am a MG and was doing a Bay-wise visit when this shrub came into question. The homeowner said they thought it was a type of holly, and I said I wasn't sure and would try to get an ID. I haven't been able to figure out what it is, although I see a lot of it in commercial landscaping around parking lots, etc. I know it is common, but I don't know my ornamentals/imported plants. Can you help?

Anne Arundel County Maryland

This looks like a type of Euonymous. Can't be sure which one, but several are on the invasives list.

Thanks for looking. I saw it again while waiting in line at a McDonalds today. Funny that it's such an ubiquitous shrub and we can't really say for sure what it is! I'm afraid I only really know my natives.

Most likely it's either Euonymus japonicus or Euonymos kiautschovicus. There are many different cultivars of both types.

ckc